2023 CLOWN SCHOOL
Starts May 30th
Do you love connecting with people?
Do you believe the world needs more JOY and LAUGHTER?
Want to increase your professional value?
We have been training clowns through our nationally acclaimed clown school since 1982. Whether your interest is in becoming a volunteer or a professional clown, or you simply like to have fun – our school will help you develop poise and confidence in a playful atmosphere! What you do after clown school is up to you; join us at our monthly meetings for continuing education and entertainment or venture out on your own to further develop your skills. You can also join us in serving the community by providing highly trained clowns to support hospitals and senior facilities as well as special needs groups. We’ll use the relatively short 40 hours of class time to introduce you to the basics so you will have a solid foundation at graduation time to begin your journey into the art of clowning. Trust us – once you get started, you’ll want to clown your heart out!
2023 Clown School Schedule
Topics to be addressed include makeup application, consuming, juggling, balloon twisting, face painting, and much more! Classes will start on May 30th through graduation on July 1st. (See Clown School Schedule) Location: Trini Mendenhall Community Center, 1414 Wirt Rd., Houston, TX 77055
Tuition is $250 plus $22 for a background check and includes class time, a starter make-up kit, textbooks, Cheerful Clown Alley, and Clowns of American International membership dues.
2023 Clown School Registration Form
Clown Coordinator: Linda “Shotzie” Lester 713-240-2558 or email@example.com
Additional Clown School Information
- Graduation Show is open to the public where your family and friends can watch you perform skits you have learned with your fellow clowns.
- Tuition includes alley membership dues paid up until January 1, 2024.
- Classes are limited only to registered paid students and Cheerful Clown Alley members – no visitors, please.
- Students under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who has also paid tuition.
We want you to be excited, but in their eagerness to get started, some students in the past have rushed out to buy things to be ready for their first day at clown school. To reduce your overall costs, we strongly recommend attending the first class before spending a lot of money.
5. You will be required to apply the make-up provided during each scheduled clown make-up class. We will create class time to allow you to develop your makeup techniques because only through continued practice will you develop competence. Award-winning clown mentors will be on hand during class to help with your design and application.
6. You will need to provide some makeup accessories, such as a carrying case and a professional clown nose (more about the nose during class).
7. Costume items such as a shirt, pants or dress, wig, hat, shoes, etc. will be provided by each student. These can be quite expensive if professionally made but we will show you how to get started on a small budget with found items decorated in a clown way.
8. Because we are very protective of the people we serve, a criminal background check (non-refundable) must be successfully completed before full tuition can be accepted. It is handled by a professional third-party vendor and no one else including Cheerful Clown Alley will have access to your private information. We only receive pass/fail notifications. Contact Shotzie for information on how to do this; full registration is accepted after this step is complete.
Should you have any questions or require additional information contact Chair Linda “Shotzie” Lester at 713-240-2558 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
(click for link)
Clown Graduation Pictures